Friday, November 22, 2013

Rothko at MOCA

Dear readers,

Strange enough, I felt projected into the past last night with a show about the MOCA permanent collection that I saw with friends. It was almost the same display as several years ago and brought back nice memories about this magical room. We all had a different opinion about our favorite piece. My friends chose the light, yellow, my husband the red one and me the blue painting. Sometimes you become blasé overtime with an artist until you see his work live again and you go back to your old crush.

Outside there was a party with everyone with a cellphone taking pictures of themselves in front of a media background. That pulled me back to nowadays versus when I first saw these capturing Rothko paintings.

There are several other great artists in this show.

Pascaline


Installation view of MOCA permanent collection, photo by Brian Forrest

No comments:

Post a Comment